Thursday, August 28, 2008

Hey everyone, my name is Merideth. I'm from a town outside of Hartford, but most people hate living there. I'm a Psychology major with a Cognitive Science [the scientific study of how the mind works - a lot about intelligence, and how beings with intelligence act, behave and think], and I'm seeking another minor in Photography. I'm hoping to go through graduate school to get a PhD in Clinical Psychology with a focus on Abnormal Psychology. I want to be the psychologist that helps people with mental disorders relating to trauma or brain malfunctions. On top of English, I'm also taking Chem 1127, Psych 1100 and Stat 1100 this semester. I love reading, writing, drawing, taking pictures, eating, spending time with friends and working out. I usually can't find enough time for it all!
This summer, I worked at Subway. I've been there for over a year now, and I'll be going back over vacations to help out. I worked an average of 40 hours a week to help pay for school. I don't have one favorite book, but my favorite genre would be mystery/thriller/suspense books. I'm hoping I'll be able to read a lot more during the school year.
UConn was always my top choice for college, so I'm really very happy that I came here. I love everything about it.
And I'd have to agree with Emily... I LOVE fun colors. My favorite is blue, but she stole it. ;)
-Merideth

No comments: