Thursday, August 28, 2008

Hey my name is Emily. I am also from small town where it is more than likely that you will know most people you see on the street. I am an Allied Health Sciences major which really means that I want to be an occupation therapist but Uconn no longer has that program as an undergrad so allies health sciences is a broad foundation and then I hope to get a masters in occupational therapy. Usually after I explain this I get the question, "What is an occupational therapist?" Basically OT is a lot like Physical therapy but it is "the use if productive or creative activity in the treatment of rehabilitation of physically, cognitively, or emotionally disabled people" (American Heritage Dictionary). My mom always makes fun of me for it but I really enjoy working with the elderly and hope to continue that with my career. I also found out this summer that I really like working with kids as well through working at a kid's summer camp this past summer. The kids that I worked with were ages 3-5 for the most part and ages 5-12 on some occasions. My favorite book that I read this summer was A Change of Heart by Jodi Picoult.(There is no way to underline on this blog or at least on that I could find) In general I really like to read and so I am hoping that that remains true through out this course!  As of now, even though it has only been 6 days, I love Uconn and am really glad that I am here. 

oh and i like to post in bright colors!!

1 comment:

Sapience said...

Helpful tip: instead of underlining book titles, use italics.