Monday, December 1, 2008

"It's the end of the world as we know it"

I found a perfect movie trailer for Good Omens on youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zt9iZcnGncA

And this acctually reminds me of the theme of the Apocalypse in Good Omens. It seems a little strange that just because Adam didn't want the apocalypse to happen, it didn't. Granted, he is the anti-christ, but if it was meant to happen then wouldn't it happen anyway, regardless of anyone else's power? They make this big deal out of the war between angels and demons, and then it just does not happen. Adam did not want the apocalypse to happen because he was raised as a normal human being, not as the anti-christ. If it were not for his switch at birth, then maybe the apocalypse would have occured. Yet, I also wonder what exactly happened to Crowley? If something went wrong, he was responsible. I don't recall reading anything that told us what happened to him in the end.

Any thoughts?

1 comment:

Lauren said...

Weellll the trailer was okay. I only liked the fact they used REM and scenes from Hocus Pocus.

As far as Crowley, I think you may be overanalyzing. The chapter before the end said that "his people" and Aziraphale's people hadn't been in touch and were just waiting. I don't necessarily think they are planning on taking action just yet? Also, a lot of things were supposed to happen (such as the apocalypse) that didn't. Anyway, I feel like if they told you exactly what happens after, it would ruin the book.