Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Errr... I forgot...

I think we're supposed to post our comments with a link as actual posts... Sorryy!

I posted this on Lauren's post. Here's the link

Lauren, I really like your idea in this post! I, too, am rather obsessed with Charmed, so I know what you're talking about. I don't think you're stretching it. Eve is acting like she should; she's offering to save the rest of mankind as opposed to just her [or just Adam].

I think that evil/sin/death operate in deception and trickery as well as... invisibility? [Sorry, sounds odd... not sure how to phrase that!]

Also, usually in Charmed, there's some bigger evil that the demons [in this instance, maybe the four horsemen] are doing the bidding for - the Source for instance. It's the same thing with this passage. Sin and Death are, in essence, doing Satan's bidding. He set everything up, tempting Eve and therefore Adam to eat the apple, sealing their fate as well. Usually in Charmed, the Source or some other evil plans things out, or sets something up, and then uses others to enact the plan. This could also show part of Satan's manipulative personality.

Anyway, great connection to "pop culture"! I think it works :)

No comments: